Sunday, July 09, 2006

Its finally happened!!!


Marys Flowers
Originally uploaded by kishbee.
I've "officially" found a hobby!! More like an obsession.. Photography!! During the spring I started playing with my old Kodak Easy Share 6300 something. I started to discover the joy of "unposed" shots of my children vs. fake smile from hell. All of a sudden I was snapping all over the place ..just when you would least expect it.

I thought that I would just be satisfied playing with the camera and uploading my shots and maybe framing a few. Nope..the more pictures I took..the more I wanted to learn more and take more..experiment. Then I found Flickr. A god..an amateur photographers nirvana!! I spent nights staring at other people's master pieces..fascinated my the ulimate voyerism I was experience but also trying to figure out the angles they had shot a certain photo.

As my Kodak wore out from the use I was giving it (the poor thing after 6 + years didn't know what had hit it) I contemplated, researched and fantasized about a new camera.

And on Friday, I made my purchase..a Fuji S5200. I came home from the Camera Shop like a kid who had just gotten her first video game. I took my first photo of my next door neighbors flowers (on the left) So my new journey has started. And my blog is now multi media!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Congratulations of the new camera purchase and thanks for the comment on my blog. I certainly need a new camera. I recently happened upon the camera I made in Jr. High out of a shoe box and a mirror...perhaps I'll give it a test drive. The folks at flckr will never know what hit them. Lovely blog.

-Conor
www.conorjmurphy.blogspot.com